Dursley News - April 2010

This month has seen the commencement of the long awaited re-paving around Dursley Market House which will improve accessibility as well as making it more pleasant to look at. It will hopefully discourage cars from entering the area from the Castle Street direction. Also being re-paved is the area outside Jacob's House and the Heritage Centre.

Rednock School underwent its official opening ceremony on 29th April with a large number of people in attendance. The ribbon cutting was performed by the youngest student currently at the school and the oldest ex pupil who started at the school's predecessor, Dursley Secondary School in 1927.

  Picture Gallery (Click on picture for larger view)
    Market Place re-paving
Work has now started in earnest on re-paving the area around the Market House which should blend it more into the pedestrianised Parsonage Street.
(April 30th 2010 - copyright Andrew Barton)
    Rednock School official opening
Marion Harrold, the oldest surviving pupil of Rednock School's predecessor, opens the building at the official ceremony. Marion started at Dursley Secondary School in 1927 when the sole building in use was Rednock House.
(April 29th 2010 - copyright Andrew Barton)
    New shop front at Broomhall
The premises of J. Broomhall the butcher's has undergone a facelift, proudly declaring itself to be "Abattoir Operator" and "Quality Butcher"..
(April 15th 2010 - copyright Andrew Barton)
    Somerfield to Iceland
The empty shop previously occupied by Somerfield has been bought by the Iceland supermarket chain and is now being refurbished prior to opening.
(April 30th 2010 - copyright Andrew Barton)
    Littlecombe houses
The northern end of the Littlecombe site continues to be developed by Bloor Homes and this picture show a number of plots adjacent to Cam Meeting, which later became the Congregational Church.
(April 24th 2010 - copyright Andrew Barton)
  News Index   May 2010 News March 2010 News