|The Mawdsley's Factory Buildings|
Mawdsley's at Dursley expanded considerably during its 93 year lifetime. Originally it was centred around the old Rivers Mill building which existed well before the factory was acquired by Mr. Mawdsley in 1907. Significant expansion occurred in 1952/53 when the new component shop was built to accommodate construction of generators and motors and further development happened in 1957 when the armature shop was rebuilt and a new building constructed to house the pattern shop, stores and boiler house.
The next big phase of growth occurred in 1971 with the construction of a brand new office block to replace the old Rivers Mill building which was demolished. One of the last buildings to be put up on the site was the acoustic test house in the mid 1970's.
The site went into a period of decline from the 1980's until final closure
in 2000 after which all of the buildings were rapidly
removed to make way for the Cotswold View housing development.